I have down time at my internship for the first time since…ever (it turns out digital media is rather hectic. Who woulda thought?). And since I think about you the whole time I’m here – partly because I have pictures of you hung above my desk and partly because I read about babies and kids all day – I just wanted to use my free time to tell you some really exciting news…
I get to see you in exactly one month! Eee!
Just thirty days and you’re all mine for the weekend. So I thought that – in honor of those (hopefully) super short 30 days – I would do one of my favorite things: think about the many, many reasons you light up my life. So here it goes: 30 reasons I love you in honor of the 30 days until you’re in my arms. I can’t wait!
– How you call me “Nay-Nay”
– Your smile
– How photogenic you are
– That your eyes look like mine
– Your little “toddler walk”
– That you’ll still let me carry you every now and then
– What a kick you get out of climbing up and down the stairs
– How every time someone claps, you say, “Yay!”
– How intensely you focus on the toys you play with
– How you like to play the same games over and over, and they never get old
– How much you love tractors
– The dimple in your chin
– How I can only make out two or three words when you talk to me, but you keep babbling. It’s adorable.
– How you’ll eat anything
– The face you make when you eat lemons
– How you always seem excited to see me
– How smart you are
– How much you’ve grown
– Seeing pictures of you and I together
– When you blow kisses
– How you always give me a good-bye kiss when I leave at the end of a trip
– How you brought me to The B’s
– Your laugh. It’s the best sound in the world.
– How easily entertained you are
– How just thinking about you can turn my day around
– Your beautiful blonde hair
– How peaceful you look when you fall asleep
– How fearless you are
– How curious you are
– How no matter what, I’ll always be your mom and you’ll always be my Little Man
I have a million more – no exaggeration. Luckily for me, I get to spend the rest of my life telling you every single one.
I miss you and The B’s like crazy. See you soon, handsome. I’m counting down :)